Sunday, May 5, 2013

Red Dye

Ya know those things you do... that you totally inadvertently do... that end up adding more stress to your life? Or add another project?

A few weeks ago, I threw all my clothes into the washer, on cold, thinking, those cute new clothes of mine are safe... it's on COLD. Well, I learned that here in CA, where it's hot, the water doesn't always come out nice and cold. It comes out warm, even though you most certainly selected cold.

Thus, my new red pants dyed my new purple pants and my new blue pants. I'm expanding my wardrobe to include new colors. I actually used to wear colored pants for years and everyone would comment bc nobody wore colored pants back in my high school and college days. ha! I'm so way ahead of the trends. jk!

I have spent a lot of time researching how to fix these pants. Multiple washes and trips to the store later, using some color catchers and special detergents, I fixed the purple pants. YES! So awesome.

If only the blue pants would follow suit. But, no, the red dye stayed... all over the rear-end.

I finally got a hole of some RIT stain remover. They are now in the wash hopefully getting out the red-dye without removing too much of the blue dye. Who knows how they'll look?

Did I add... I stupidly wore my cute new yellow capri's to the zoo. I came home with a lot of dirts on them. I stain treated... and it BLEACHED them. So, I am also doing some dye removal for those and then I went to the store again and bought yellow dye, so I can re-dye them.

Hopefully, this will teach me to better take care of my clothes... and maybe it's prepping me for a fun dying activity in my future... now that I know all about it!

I really hope they get fixed, otherwise that was $40 for one day of cute pants!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment