Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Welcome Home Elder Walton

This weekend was another crazy one! It was actually quite fun to do a trip with Bryce and the kids after having a trip without them. I seriously missed them. I think living the "single" life (obviously, not completely single, lol) reminded me that I just love my life. I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband and 3 adorable children who love me more than anything.

We decided to drive down to San Diego to welcome home Elder Jordan Walton from the New York New York South Mission (I hope that's right). He spent most his mission in Queens and uber ghetto places. I just love and adore Jordan. He's my cousin and since he was a younger boy, we never hung out much... ya know... a 16 yr old girl doesn't hang with 10 yr old boys much. But, as we got older, we've had some really sweet conversations. I've really felt his sweet spirit, even when he told me he was an Athiest or something like that... I adored him every minute.

It was so neat to hear about his mission and to hear his talk in church. He didn't even have notes! And he totally got me wanting to be more obedient and love more. Impressive Jordan! Gosh. He is just so cute!

We drove down Saturday morning. It usually is a 4 hour drive without traffic... I use the term "usually" loosely... as it is only 4 hours if you drive in the middle of the night. We drove on Saturday hoping it wouldn't be too bad... it was. 5.5 hours later, we arrived at the Waltons.

My Aunt Sarah invited us to stay at their home, which was so nice! Because that meant babies could take naps easier and that after babies went to sleep we could hang out with everyone rather than leaving to a hotel for their bedtimes.

Their home is seriously immaculate!! I couldn't believe how beautiful it was. There are like 3 separated seating areas out back by the pool. I wish I had my camera, I would have tried to take some nice photos of our family back there. haha.

Sarah kept everyone fed... she had tons of food. Dylan loved floating in the raft in the pool. We took the girls for their first swim... they loved it! They splashed like crazy. We hung out with everyone and chatted. It was really nice to catch up with everyone. We don't see extended family too often and we definitely don't travel much with baby twins.

Who was there: Grandma Bert, Grandpa Bob, Uncle Bob, Uncle Dave, Aunt Sarah, Cousins Tessa, Christa, Jordan, Devin and his wife Stephanie, Dave's parents, Jordan's friends.

I am so grateful to everyone who helped with our kids. We were the only ones there with little ones. I just loved everyone holding the babies and playing with Dylan. Dave's parents took Dylan out by the pool and played with him for a couple hours, then Dylan was inside playing with the guys (Jordan and Devin and their friends). He seriously thought he was so cool sitting with them. He climbed all over them and just adored them! It was so cute. I loved everyone playing with him. The girls got plenty of love too... which was needed in that huge house, I couldn't carry them both with me everywhere! I think Stephanie gets the award for holding them the most. I couldn't believe how much Dave and Sarah took the girls and even Dylan when they were busy hosting so many people. It was so sweet. I just love my family, and I'm grateful I could be there even though my parents nor siblings were able to make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment